The Resurrection and the Life – John 11:25
In John 11, we read the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. In verse 25, while talking to Lazarus’s sister Martha, Jesus declares Himself to be the resurrection and the life.
At the cross, our Savior gave His life for us, paying the price to redeem us. Afterwards, He was placed in a tomb with a stone rolled in front of it (Matthew 27:60), but He didn’t stay there. On the third day, He rose again (Luke 24:6-7). 1 Corinthians 15:22 says that just as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:55 declares the sting of death to be sin, and the strength of sin to be the law. Jesus took all of our sins upon Himself, receiving the punishment for them in full. The only Perfect One fulfilled the law for us. Through Him, we are given the victory (1 Corinthians 15:57)!
Jesus is the source of life. True life is found in Him.
- He came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
- All who believe in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:16).
- He gives us eternal life, and none can snatch us from His hand (John 10:28).
- Those who follow Him will have the light of life (John 8:12).
- He is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
Our Savior truly is The Resurrection and the Life! He came that we might have life (John 10:10), and promises eternal life to all who believe in Him (John 3:16). Let’s give thanks Him thanks!
“I will live, I will not die. The resurrection power of Christ alive in me, and I am free, in Jesus’ Name!”