Just because everyone’s doing it doesn’t mean that you have to. Here’s a list of things that you CAN do, though they are contrary to the world’s way of doing things:
You can . . .
- think for yourself, trusting the Spirit of Truth to guide you into all truth (John 16:13), rather than simply believing everything modern culture would try to tell you.
- do things God’s way, rather than following the ways of man.
- take charge of your own life, and follow the path that God has for you, instead of following the path that the majority of those around you are following, simply because it’s what everyone else is doing.
- read God’s Word, and believe His truth instead of falling for the lies of the world.
- find your fulfillment in God’s love for you, rather than this world’s empty promises.
Dare to stand out, living your life according to what God says. Instead of conforming yourself to the pattern of the world, allow your mind to be renewed to His way of doing things!
Linking this post up with Monday’s Musings at whatjoyismine.net and Thriving Thursdays at servingjoyfully.com