Week 23 of Called and Created’s Bible Reading and Memorization Plan is almost over. This week’s reading was Romans 8-12. These chapters further continue Paul’s epistle to the church at Rome.
Romans 12:2 bids us not to be conformed to this world’s pattern, but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Then we will be able to test and approve what is God’s will.
We live in the world. We are constantly surrounded by its mindsets and mentalities. We encounter many examples of people doing things the world’s way each and every day. However, we do not belong to the world. We have been chosen out it (John 15:19). We are part of God’s kingdom, and we are to do things His way, rather than the way of the world. We are to be transformed by allowing our minds to be renewed to what He says.
The more we read God’s Word and spend time with Him, the more our minds will become renewed. We will find out who He is, and who we are in Him. We will discover His way of doing things. As our minds are being renewed, we will be transformed into His image more and more. We will become more like Him, and less like the world around us. Let’s be conformed no longer to this world’s pattern, but allow ourselves to be transformed by the renewing of our minds!
Many allow the ways of the world to determine how they live their lives. Romans 12:2 tells us, however, not to be conformed to the pattern of this world, but to be transformed by renewing our mind.
Just because everyone’s doing it doesn’t mean that you have to. Here’s a list of things that you CAN do, though they are contrary to the world’s way of doing things:
You can . . .
- think for yourself, trusting the Spirit of Truth to guide you into all truth (John 16:13), rather than simply believing everything modern culture would try to tell you.
- do things God’s way, rather than following the ways of man.
- take charge of your own life, and follow the path that God has for you, instead of following the path that the majority of those around you are following, simply because it’s what everyone else is doing.
- read God’s Word, and believe His truth instead of falling for the lies of the world.
- find your fulfillment in God’s love for you, rather than this world’s empty promises.
Dare to stand out, living your life according to what God says. Instead of conforming yourself to the pattern of the world, allow your mind to be renewed to His way of doing things!
Linking this post up with Monday’s Musings at whatjoyismine.net and Thriving Thursdays at servingjoyfully.com