- try to avoid speaking of Jesus, and what He has done for you. Modern culture would tell us to keep our faith in Christ to ourselves, in order to avoid offending nonbelievers. However, as believers, we are called to share the good news. Let’s make use of the opportunities to share the gospel that God presents us with!
- have a schedule that’s filled to the brim, causing you to run yourself ragged. Take time to slow down, relax, and simply be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10)!
- approach your Heavenly Father with fear or timidity. Jesus took your sins upon Himself, and paid the price for them in full. Your wrongdoings no longer stand between you and God. You can approach His throne of grace boldly (Hebrews 4:16), confident in the knowledge of what Christ has done for you!
- struggle and strive on your own to always be perfect. No matter how hard you try, you’ll never achieve perfection through your own efforts. Instead, draw closer to your Heavenly Father, and allow His grace to transform you from the inside out!
- do things the way everyone around you is doing them. Don’t worry about what others are doing, just focus on doing things God’s way!
Which of these common patterns do you need to break away from? How can you begin to do so today?
Linking this post up with Thriving Thursdays at servingjoyfully.com.