Today is the National Day of Prayer!
What is prayer? Simply put, it is having a conversation with God. He wants to hear from you! He also desires to speak to you in return, if you will take the time to listen.
What does God’s Word have to say about prayer? Check out these verses, and find out!
- Jeremiah 33:3 says that God promises to answer us when we pray to Him.
- Psalm 62:8 bids us to pour out our hearts before our Heavenly Father.
- Matthew 21:22 promises that we will receive what we ask for when we pray, if we believe.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to pray continually.
- James 5:16 informs us that the prayer of someone who is righteous (and you ARE righteous if you have put your faith in Jesus!) is powerful and effective!
- Psalm 34:15 declares that God’s ears are attentive to the cries of the righteous (and you are the righteousness of God in Christ, according to 2 Cor 5:21).
- Romans 12:12 instructs us to keep on praying.
- Philippians 4:6 tells not to be anxious, but instead to present our requests to God.
I challenge you to take some time today both to talk to your Heavenly Father, and to listen for what He has to say to you!
My name is Emily Hockenhull. I started Called and Created as a way to share the good news of the gospel of God's grace with others. Come join me on the journey!