Under the old covenant of the law . . .
- Everything’s based on you and what you do.
- You get what your actions deserve.
- Your standing with God is determined by your own merit.
- Mistakes and failures are met with condemnation and punishment.
- God’s blessing on your life is contingent upon your obedience.
Under the new covenant of grace . . .
- Everything’s based on Christ, and what He’s done for you.
- You are freely given what you could never deserve.
- Your standing with God is determined by Christ’s merit accredited to you.
- Mistakes and failures are met with God’s abounding forgiveness and mercy.
- God’s blessing on your life is permanent, apart from any good or bad that you do.
Which covenant are you living under – the new covenant of grace that Christ came to establish, or are you still trying to live under the law? Receive God’s amazing grace today, and place your focus on your Savior’s finished work at the cross!
My name is Emily Hockenhull. I started Called and Created as a way to share the good news of the gospel of God's grace with others. Come join me on the journey!