Week 37 of Called and Created’s Bible Reading and Memorization Plan is drawing to a close. This week’s reading was 1 Timothy 5 -6, and 2 Timothy 1-3. These chapters finish Paul’s first letter and begin his second letter to Timothy, one of his partners is spreading the gospel.
2 Timothy 1:7 says that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Over and over throughout the Bible, we encounter verses telling us not to be afraid. Here are a few of them.
- Joshua 1:9 – Do not be afraid or discouraged. Why? Because your Heavenly Father is with you wherever you go!
- Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is our light and salvation. Whom shall we fear?
- Isaiah 41:10 – We are not to be afraid, for God is with us.
- Isaiah 41:13 – God tells you not to fear, for He Himself will help you.
- John 14:27 – Do not be afraid. Do not let your heart be troubled.
What are you afraid of? Know that with God on your side, you have nothing to fear. Place your trust in Him!
My name is Emily Hockenhull. I started Called and Created as a way to share the good news of the gospel of God's grace with others. Come join me on the journey!