Week 28 of Called and Created’s Bible Reading and Memorization Plan is nearing its end. This week’s reading was 2 Corinthians 1-5. These chapters begin another of Paul’s letters to the church at Corinth.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 contains some amazing truths! These verses tell us that:
- We are in Christ (v. 17). As believers, our identity is found in Him!
- If we are in Christ, we are a new creation – the old has past, and the new has come (v. 17)! We are not who we once were. We have been made new.
- We have been reconciled to God through Christ (v. 18-19). Because of what Jesus has done for us, there’s no longer anything standing between us and God. If we have accepted God’s gift of salvation, we have become His children, and He is our Heavenly Father!
- We have been entrusted with the ministry of reconciliation (v. 18-19). This is the message that we are to share – not that God is ready and waiting to rain down judgement for every mistake we make, but that because of Christ’s finished work, He no longer holds our sins against, and we can be reconciled to Him.
- God made Christ, who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that in Him, we might become the righteousness of God (v. 21). At the cross, He took our place of sin, that we might take His place of right standing before God!
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 is full of wonderful truths for us, as believers! May God use these verses to reveal to you who you in Christ more clearly than ever before!
My name is Emily Hockenhull. I started Called and Created as a way to share the good news of the gospel of God's grace with others. Come join me on the journey!